Alzheimer’s: Why Early Diagnosis is Important
Alzheimer’s disease is considered as the most common form of dementia which is characterized by memory loss and decline of cognitive abilities. This ailment can gradually worsen over time and consequently interfere one’s daily life. Generally, individuals above 65 years of age are the ones primarily affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
EARLY SIGNS OF ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
Knowing if you have Alzheimer’s disease early on should help you prepare for the future, especially when it comes to the kind of Healthcare Services in Fairfax, Virginia you’ll avail. Moreover, it is possible to slow down the progress of the disease when appropriate measures are taken. Here are the early signs of Alzheimer’s that you should know about:
- Difficulties in solving problems or planning
- Memory loss that causes disruption to your daily life
- Confusion with place and/or time
- Problems with speaking and/or writing
- Poor judgement
- Misplacing things
- Difficulties with completing familiar chores at home or at work
- Inability to retrace steps
- Inability to understand spatial relationships and visual images
- Changes in personality and/or mood
- Withdrawal from social activities
There are actually several factors that has a role in the development of Alzheimer’s. These factors can be grouped into three: genetic, non-genetic, and biological. Changes in the brain falls under the genetic factor. Excessive chemical levels in the environment and dietary routine falls under non-genetic factors. On the other hand, biological factors include diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular conditions. Sometimes, a combination of one or two factors increase the risk of acquiring Alzheimer’s disease.
WHY DETECT IT EARLY
With the Non-Medical Home Care Service in Fairfax, Virginia, caring for Alzheimer’s disease patients is not that difficult anymore. However, it doesn’t mean that you should wait for the disease to progress into its late stages before taking action. In fact, you should be wary when the early signs appear. Once signs of Alzheimer’s disease show up, going for a check-up is a must.
Here are the simple reasons why detecting Alzheimer’s is important:
- Some dementia symptoms are reversible
- Reduced cost of healthcare
- Better overall health
- Advanced planning for finance, care, housing, and health
- Increased treatment options
- Increased access to service, information, and support
You will definitely need Medical Home Care Service in Fairfax, Virginia when you are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Gateway Healthcare Services LLC provides the best healthcare professionals to handle your needs when Alzheimer’s get in the way of your life. Call us at 703-462-8725 to set an appointment.